If you missed the recent “How Small and Midsized Carriers Can Harness the Power of Data” webinar presented by the Truckload Carriers Association, sponsored by Axele, there’s good news: the informative program is now available on demand to watch at your convenience.
This is a program that you don’t want to miss, as it included some terrific information from leading experts in the field:
Dean Croke, Principal Industry Analyst for DAT, presented up to date data including:
- Spot market volumes are at record levels surpassing 2020 records and spot rates are at a 5-year record high, except for flatbed
- Inventory levels are still depleted…and ports are still congested
- Capacity is as tight as it’s been in a decade…and still tightening
- Year over year comparisons of dry van contract and spot rates, reefer spot rates, and flatbed spot rates
- Plus forecast models for dry van, reefer and flatbed spot rates
- And much more
Todd Amen, President and CEO of ATBS, offered excellent independent contractor benchmarks including:
- Revenue per mile averages for all segments
- Revenue per mile analysis for dry vans for 2020 and 2019 quarters
- Cost analysis for fixed, variable and total expenses such as maintenance and truck payments
- Net income dollars vs. cents per mile
- And much more
Finally, Ryan Camacho, Director of Strategy and Business Development for Axele, discussed making data actionable, reviewing factors such as:
- Why the truckload industry is highly inefficient
- Technology now available for small- to mid-sized carriers that levels the playing field
- How technology can bring operational data together with market intelligence to improve efficiency
- How current transportation technology can crunch data and suggest actions to make carriers more profitable
- And much more
Don’t miss this informative on demand webinar for small and midsized carriers—watch now!
About Your Speakers for the How Small and Midsized Carriers Can Harness the Power of Data Webinar
President & CEO, ATBS
Todd Amen is the Founder of ATBS, specializing in Owner Operator business consulting, benchmarking, tax/tax resolution and bookkeeping services. ATBS is the largest business services organization serving Owner Operators in the trucking industry since 1998, and has given assistance to over 150,000 owner operators in its 23-year history.
Prior to ATBS, Todd was Co-President of Trans-Western Express, LTD. (TWX), a family-owned truck line operating in both the United States and Canada. In addition to his work with ATBS, Amen is a recognized speaker and leader in transportation and finance and is also on the Board of Directors of the Truckload Carriers Association. Todd is a graduate of Colorado State University, with a B.S. in Finance.
Principal Industry Analyst. DAT
Dean Croke is DAT’s principal industry analyst, bringing 35 years of experience in the fields of data science, supply chain management, risk management, and human performance. Previously Dean was Chief Insight Officer at FreightWaves, where he led the freight market intelligence team of Market Experts. Prior to that he was Vice President of Data Products at Spireon, where he helped develop new telematics data products in the trucking, passenger automotive and insurance markets. Dean also ran Lancer’s long-haul truck insurance business after spending many years as Vice President of Omnitracs Analytics (formerly Qualcomm) where he developed Data Science technologies including machine learning, complex business rules engines and data analytics for transportation companies.
Director of Strategy & Business Development, Axele
Ryan Camacho has over 15 years of experience in architecting and supporting supply chain solutions. Ryan has worked for several high-profile logistic software companies, such as Oz Development, Descartes System Group, Kuebix, and Trimble. With many years in this space, he has developed a tremendous amount of software and transportation industry expertise. He has held positions from the ground up to leadership positions, including customer support manager, software developer, implementation specialist, executive sales representative, senior sales engineer, and director of product management. At Axele, Ryan serves as the end-to-end owner of the Axele Transportation Management System, the first SaaS-based TMS built specifically for small and midsized carriers.